Periodontics FOR 4 DAYS
PERIODONTOLOGY HANDS ON TRAINING & WORKING ON PATIENTS FOR FOUR DAYS
TWO WEEKEND (SATURDAY & SUNDAY)
Course is designed to help general practitioners to incorporate periodontal diagnosis, care and surgery into their daily practices. It combines lectures and hands-on workshop & working on patients to cover a broad range of periodontics basic reaching up to advanced periodontal surgical techniques for teeth and implants with a highlight on aesthetics and new advances such as grafting and GTR placement.
Course will enable participant to do:
Principles of diagnosis and treatment planning.
To understand Gingival and periodontal diseases.
Prescribing medications in periodontal diseases.
Techniques of curettage & root planing.
Understanding surgical instruments.
Incisions and suturing techniques.
Flap types, flap designs.
Crown lengthening procedures.
Gingival recession and treatment.
Bone graft selections and placement techniques.
Lasers in periodontics.
Clinically will get to see:
- Bone defects and fur-cation lesions and how to manage them.
- Principles of soft tissue grafting (agents and techniques used).
- Gingival overgrowth, causes and treatment.
- Esthetic smile.
- Periodontal plastic surgery.
- Surgical crown lengthening.
- Papilla reconstructive techniques.
- Mucogingival surgery
- Periodontal regeneration using GTR
- Ridge augmentation and guided bone regeneration.
- Implants or periodontal treatment; the current dilemma
Hands-on component (on silicone model)
- Crown lengthening procedure
- Flap techniques
- Suturing techniques
Students are free to perform procedures directly on allotted patients
Infrabony Defects, Extraction Sites, Intraosseous Flaws, Sinus Lifts and Implants, Ridge Augmentation, Endodontic – Periodontic Lesions, Periapical Defects, Cystic Defects & Traumatic Defects
All materials, instruments, equipment & patients are provided by the institute:
Bone Gauge, Bone Harvester, Osteotomes, Ridge Spreading Chisels, Periotome, Periosteols, Bone Grafting Instruments, Tissue Punches, Bone Carrier, Rounger, Surgical Curette, Hemostat & other related items.